SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH BOERINNEKE
Which ingredients do you need?
- 125 grams of flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 grams of powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 10 grams of vanilla sugar vanillesuiker
- granulated sugar
- 80 grams of butter at room temperature, cut into small pieces
- Put the flour in a bowl and make a small well in the middle.
- Add the butter, the powdered sugar and the vanilla sugar into the well.
- Knead the mixture until the mass is firm and smooth.
- Roll out the dough and wrap it in plastic foil. Put the dough in the refrigerator for about fifteen minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Separate the yolk from the egg white and beat the yolk.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and cut it into slices that are about half a centimeter thick.
- Roll the sides of each cookie through the egg yolk and then through the granulated sugar.
- Put the cookies on a baking tray that has been coated with parchment paper and bake them for 20 to 25 minutes.
Tip: try sandwiching two shortbread cookies with a layer of Boerinneke in between. Enjoy!
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30-60 minutes
Ready in: 60-90 minutes